2.05.2007

Night-Night Time Just Keeps Getting Sweeter

Ok. When C was a baby I used to think her 'night-night' time could not get any sweeter. And while those are some of the sweetest memories we have she just keeps getting sweeter! We just enjoy every stage. And this new toddler stage...oh my goodness! What a sweetie!!!!

I used to say, "Say night-night to Elmo" as we walked by Elmo waving...and "Say night-night to Hippo" as we walked past her hippo waving and so on until we got to her room, kind of my way of letting her know we were 'all-done' playing and it was time to leave the toys and go to bed. Then we'd wave and say night-night to her books and her toys in her room & she'd go to sleep.

Instead of carrying her down the hall to her room she now leads us down the hall with her little prissy trot...one arm swinging out to the side for some reason as she toddles along...almost like it's limp from the elbow down flopping this way and that.

The last few days she's been saying night-night to her toys along the way on her own! She walks by her toys on her way to go night-night and says, "Bah-ba boinahga" (I think that means books) and "Bah-bak ckdahippcho" (night-night hippo...weird b/c she can say night-night but doesn't in this routine) and waves as she passed them by. It is Adorable! I got it on video today and attempted to get pictures of it but of course tonight when I had my camera instead of waving night-night to the hippo she climbed up on him and picked up her Elmo and carried him to her room. It's just so sweet to watch her grow and learn and to see her little personality coming out.

Now that she's becoming such a big girl she's also giving us kisses. She's been giving kisses for a while now but until lately she has been VERY stingy with them...only giving them once in a while...usually shaking her head no when we ask for one. The only way to get one out of her was for D to kiss me and then she'd lean in for a kiss too. Which was fun, more kisses for each other and our girl! BUT lately she gives kisses out freely!!! It's the best! So our night-night time just keeps getting sweeter with the sight of her flapping arm~the sounds of her 'bah-bah-baskachatemo"~and the sweet night-night kisses.


1 comment:

Farm gal said...

That is so funny!! I was just thinking how C is a spittin' image of you!! I could just eat her up. You know, I have never met her. We need to get together. We are going to stay at friends in Mt. Vernon this weekend. So we could totally hook up sometime.
Love ya,
JDN